Here is the first video and recipe I shared with Nutrition Milestones, and it really is just too much fun to not post here as well. OJ and I were asked to make our favorite pancake recipe, which is basically just my father-in-law’s famous pancakes, with just a few healthy tweaks. Since filming this, I have also incorporated Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt to replace the buttermilk (not that there is anything wrong with buttermilk, it is just something I don’t normally purchase, and I am up to my ears with Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt!) I have also substituted honey for the sugar and added some cinnamon, added blueberries or chocolate chips, and all of them taste equally delicious!
Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour from Trader Joes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Mix together wet ingredients
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Then add wet to dry and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your electric griddle to 350 (or a griddle pan on your stove at a medium high heat). Once hot, place a dollop of batter onto the griddle (1 Tbsp for silver dollar, 1/4-1/3 cup for full size).
Favorite Topping: Fresh Fruit and a drizzle of Trader Joe’s Organic Maple Agave Syrup Blend