We’re back this week! And this time, we bring you an Asian-Rhode Island Fusion dish. SAY WHA?! Yup, we made a stir-fry dish out of coffee syrup, soy sauce and rice vinegar. You’ll have to check out the video to see how it turns out. In this episode, we make Clueless jokes, play “Hipster Roulette,” drink authentic “Coffee Milk” (and decide it tastes much better with a little whiskey) and spend way too much time crushing giant corn nuts.
Read below for episode breakdown.
Ingredients in this week’s episode:
Inca Corn Crusted Pork Medallions
- 1 Bag Giant Peruvian Inca Corn
- 1.5 lbs Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Fresh Ground Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Crush Inca Corn and put on a plate. Cut Pork into Medallions, about 3/4 inch in size. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and in yet another bowl, measure almond flour. Heat oil over medium high heat. Dredge pork tenderloin through almond flour, then eggs, then coat with crushed inca corn. Top with a sprinkle of fresh salt and pepper on each side.
- Place medallion in hot oil and pan fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes…or until the center reads 145 degrees F. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Let rest for about 5 minutes, then serve with Coffee Syrup Stir Fry and Jasmine Brown Rice.
Coffee Syrup Veggie Stir Fry
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Coffee Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Leek, diced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Eggplant, Peeled and Cubed
- 6 oz Bag Shishito peppers
- Garnish: Teriyaki Seaweed Snacks
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar and coffee syrup. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add all veggies and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add sauce and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes, until soft and cooked through, stirring often.
- Garnish with teriyaki seaweed and serve alongside jasmine brown rice and Inca Corn Crushed Pork Medallions.