What can we say, except…[You’re] Welcome! This week, we celebrate all foods Ryan Haringa, our favorite demi-god amongst men! He sings, he acts, he’s intelligent… Okay, mostly we’re just obsessed withi his perfect abs. Marie got her hands on Ryan’s meal plan, and this week she and Amanda are setting out to get a “Body by Ryan” by cooking the things he eats every day: ground turkey, spinach, bell peppers, and…Peanut M&Ms*?
*Peanut M&Ms not available at Trader Joe’s. Discover the answer to this dilemma and more, by watching now.
Following a diet plan that called for rock solid abs meant that Amanda’s refrigerator was full of healthy ingredients. Unfortunately, it was stocked with the same items that Marie brought (thus the spite bag reference).
But with most reducing diets, when you deprive yourself and restrict calories, you usually start to crave high fat, high sugar and generally unhealthy foods…which you’ll see in action in this episode. We don’t know how Ryan does it! (must be those daily 6 MnM’s! and One Bars!
Ingredients featured in this week’s episode:
Couple notes about the meals we prepared:
- The zoodles were great. When we make this again, we’ll use a leaner ground turkey. The additional fat adds a great mouthfeel and flavor, but we would use a little extra heart healthy olive oil instead.
- When you make zoodle bowls, add the zucchini at the very end. The longer they cook, the more fluid they release and turn mushy. We suggest you add the zucchini and parmesan, then turn the burner off. Top with cheese and put in the broiler for a minimal amount of time. The zucchini will soften enough with the other hot foods in the pan and in the oven.
- We added protein powder to our ice cream. It tasted pretty good, but didn’t last in the freezer. Not because we ate it all, but because it solidified to a point it was inedible. If you choose to do this, we suggest eating within the hour of making or enjoy as a milkshake.
Spinach, Bell Pepper & Turkey Zoodle Bake
Recipe by Amanda Hibshman, RDN
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Enjoya Peppas
- 1 Bag Spinach
- Salt and Pepper 1/2 tsp each
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Roasted Tomato Basil Hummus
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Quattro formaggio cheese
- Over high heat add ground turkey. Add salt & pepper. Cook through. Remove and set aside. Drain turkey fat. While this is cooking, spiralize zucchini.
- In the same pan, add olive oil. Once hot, add in peppers and sauté for a few minutes. Once soft, add spinach and let cook for another minute. Add in hummus.
- At the last minute, turn off burner and stir in zucchini noodles and parmesan. Top with Quattro fromaggio cheese and place in the broiler (low) for a few minutes (watch closely). Remove and top with parsley and serve.
High Protein Sundae with Exactly 6 Peanut MnMs
Recipe by Amanda Hibshman, RDN
- 1 1/2 cup full fat Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- 6 Mnms
- Chocolate Syrup
- Combine ice cream and protein powder in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Turn on low and add chocolate covered peanuts and mnms.
- Transfer to individual bowls and top with chocolate syrup.